Tuesday, April 23, 2013

My baby pictures


When I was in PA I was looking through old photo albums of my family. These photos brought back a lot of memories and I thought some people who never met my family or didn't know me growing up, might find them interesting as well. My parents have always had a good garden, but before any of us kids were taking up their time, it was really beautiful.




Then I arrived on the scene. 




Not a particularly cute baby, but being the first child, first grandchild on one side of the family, and fourth on the other, it seems like everyone liked me a lot.


Above is my maternal grandmother, Martha Myer who passed away several years ago now. Below is my parents and paternal grandparents, David and Dean McGlothin.




And then I guess my aunt Daphene McGlothin came to visit.







I guess my maternal grandfather, Richard Myer, was showing me a huge head of cauliflower he'd grown. My mother's parents lived next door to our home for most of my childhood. Until we moved to the neighboring county when I was 13.




Then I got to meet my great aunt Lois.


Maybe my love of books and reading started young? I don't know. I remember very little before being 6 or 7 years old.


Winter in front of my parents home with Grandma Myer and my cousins Justin, Jesalynn, and Jacob. Below is Jacob and I playing together. He ended up becoming one of my best (and only) childhood friends.




My mother has always had and enjoyed beautiful landscaping. This is my cousin Jesalynn and me.



Though it looks like I'm yawning, I'm thankful for all the time my parents and grandparents spent reading to me. Grandpa McGlothin in particular loved books. He gave me several that now reside on my book shelf before he passed away.





I think this is the only photo I have of my great grandpa and grandma Bricker. I only faintly remember Great Grandpa, but Great Grandma a little better. She passed away in 1997 at the age of 97.


No comments:

Post a Comment